Thursday, February 1, 2018

Follow-Up #13

My scans were all clear--no trace of cancer anywhere. Yes! Thank God.

Just for fun, I asked the attending when it would be OK to use the word, "cure." He laughed and asked if I had any other questions. ha ha

This visit, I was asked for my consent for NIH to do further research on my cells. They'll use cells that they already have for this, plus blood from the routine draws they do at each visit. I was relieved to know that apheresis was not required!

The attending physician explained that the scientists will be attempting to turn back the genetic clock on my cells, to see whether they can revert them to their earlier stem-cell "selves." I can't even imagine how this could happen, but according to my doctor, another researcher (outside of NIH) has already had some success with this. Exciting stuff!

Of course I gave my consent. I signed the papers, and my husband signed also, as a witness. It was an honor to do so. To God be the glory, now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment