Friday, April 9, 2021

Follow Up 17

I'm happy to report that my scans were clear!

This visit was a little different, due to COVID-19 restrictions. First off, my longsuffering husband was not allowed in the building with me.

The building seemed quite empty with no visitors. COVID screening and mask-donning happened just inside the entrance. I imagine these precautions will continue for quite some time.

You might think that after six years of visits to Building 10 that I'd know the place like the back of my hand. Well. That is not at all the case. I am a person who could get lost on her own doorstep. Thankfully, I did make it everywhere I had to be. Most people will be able to use NIH's "Take Me There" app (found here) to navigate inside Building 10. However, I am not most people. My ancient Tracfone cannot accommodate such new-fangled wizardry.

Another change from standard protocol is that I was not required to drink oral contrast prior to my CT scan. Oh frabjous day! It was music to my ears. Instead of drinking a liter of iohexol, I was treated to four cups of refreshingly cool, clear water. I was instructed to drink it with a straw, leaving my mask in place as much as possible.

I will return in one year's time, God-willing.

The Five Year NED mark was reached on Wednesday.
Five years of good health. Five Christmases. Five Birthdays. Twenty-Five kid-years--so much happens in a year. I am so thankful to still be here, and a part of it all.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment