Saturday, April 2, 2016

Scratch That

Needle biopsy will not be happening.  Instead, surgery is on the agenda for me.  Next week.

A thoracic surgeon is going to remove the recalcitrant tumor for the purpose of developing a new TIL treatment.  I don't have any details yet.  I'm saving my questions for when I'm back at NIH, and out of ear-shot of certain little people.

What I do know is that I've got some pre-surgical tests in store: EKG, echocardiogram, PET scan, and a lung function test.  I think, aside from cancer, that I am healthy otherwise, so these should not be a roadblock to surgery.

I'm very curious to know what the lab will find when they study this tumor!  Mostly though, I will be glad to know that it's no longer trying to kill me.

Stupid cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Celine, I find this all so fascinating, and I am super grateful to you for posting this info. You are a true hero!!! Good luck, it sounds like everything is under control. Get that stupid cancer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete