Saturday, April 15, 2017

Eleventh Follow-Up

Follow-up eleven (what?!) happened earlier this week. No cancer was found on any scan. On the seventh of this month I passed the one year NED mark. This amazes me!


BEST PART of the visit was eating ice cream with friends.

WORST PART was saying good-bye to my dear former fellow. The gravity of the event hasn't sunk in yet. I don't think it will until the next time I go back and he isn't there.

Today I got to experience one of the milestones that cancer often steals from families. I witnessed my oldest child receive an award from the Honors College at her university. I remember well the day she started her college career--it was the same day that I was told, "You have cancer." I wondered then if I'd see her graduate. I wondered if my disease would interrupt her education. I so did not want that to happen. I thank God that she did such excellent work, and that I am here (!!!) to write about it.

Easter Sunday is only a few hours away. I cannot wait to celebrate!
He is risen, just as He said. Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment